Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thought Processor!

Friend and fellow illustrator, Phoneticontrol, invited me to take part in the San Francisco leg of his "Thought Processor" traveling art exhibit. For the show, a lucky band of local artists are each designing their own version of a paper color-way (fold-up toy) of one of Pho's little robot characters. Then we're doing paintings that correspond with our designs. Both the 2-D art and the finished, constructed paper figures will be on display at Super-7 Toys in S.F.'s Japantown, this June. I'll post the info on here soon, so keep an eye out!


Yes, that's my very own color-way design, up at the top. He's The Demolitionist, based on the gun-toting dude in "Business As Usual" (shown above). I saved myself some time by making the toy suit a painting I already had done and ready for display. I can still hear Mr. Groff's words echoing in my brain... "Work smarter... not harder... wooooo."

Okay, so the "woooo" is a little adlib... I'd imagine a ghost of a memory making, well, a ghostly boo noise... or something.

I'm off to draw big things, again!

- Bunker, out!

1 comment:

bearskin rug said...

Your thought processor is very cool!