Friday, February 13, 2009

More Than Meets The Eye....

So I'm showing work in a group diddy at Suite 100 Gallery (Seattle), next month. The exhibit is called "Technical Difficulties," and will consist of robot-themed art. I'm contributing two pieces from 2008, along with two new "More Than Meets The Eye" collaged paintings. Below are the sketches for those.

"More Than Meets The Eye: Lust" - This one is a cosmic, elongated-figure-havin' shebot, riding a flaming dildo rocket. She'll be painted and drawn over collaged layers of naughty, suggestive photos. My obsession with boobies and phallacies has never been more obvious.

"More Than Meets The Eye: War" - He's a brutal, old owl, bristling with missles, gun turrets, knives, and a mouth full of gun barrels, to boot! This birdy'll be collaged with all sorts of explosive weapon parts... a feel good piece, for sure.


- 110101001101001, 010.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the robot w/rocket wiener. I especially love that odd leg/hand appendage. Robits are the rad!

Mike Puncekar said...

Hard for me to describe... just how much I love the lust sketch.

Samax said...

hot stuff, homey!