Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Printing New Shirts for Wondercon!



Last night, my wonderful girlfriend (Deadbeatsister) and I lit the creative fires in her silkscreen studio, and got down and dirty printing my design "Only The Dead" on a variety of shirts and apparel. I'll have a couple dozen of the finished shirts for sale at Wondercon (Feb 22 - 24), and she'll have a variety of pieces with the design on sale at The Mission Indie Mart (Feb 24), this weekend.


We printed the first layer of the design in an electric blue and a bright green. The photos don't do these colors justice. They literally explode off the fabric. We'll be printing the top layer of the image, tonight, in a couple different colors. I'll be posting pics from that tomorrow, if all goes well.



After the rigorous print session, we enjoyed a late dinner (caramelized tofu w/ brussle sprouts) and "The Crying Game." But poor, little Yoshimi was all sorts of tuckered out. She fell asleep before the shocking ending! Guess I won't return the DVD to Blockbuster, just yet.

Bunker, out like trout!

2 comments:

BILL said...

lookin good so far you two! and all the art in the background is awesome Dave.


BILL

Kelly said...

That dog is an IMPOSTER! She tried to order a Wii with my credit card!