Sunday, February 10, 2008

La Grippe!

Oog... sorry for the lack of posts, lately. But I've been "hella-sick" (as the kids say) for the past week and a half. Still, evil influenza be damned, the show must go on! I've been creep-creep-creeping along with work on "Everybody's DEAD", my minicomic "Soft Coeur," a new DeadMeat t-shirt design (that's a collaboration imprint I do with my girlfriend, who runs Deadbeatsister), and work on a top-secret project with "Edgar & Ellen" (Simon and Schuster). Whew!

Of course, I'll be dropping tidbits from all that stuff here. For now, I'll focus on a little ocular tease of the new cover for "Everybody's DEAD #4." The whole thing has already been inked and colored (and Len's colors on this one are simply DELICIOUS), but all I'm showing you here are the pencils. Hey, I gotta keep SOME of this stuff as a surprise. If you're really anxious to see it in all it's finished glory, just check out next month's issue of Previews.

Also, here's some of the groundwork for "Doughboy." It's mainly sketches of monsters, along with some random doodles in my little pocket-power book.


Here we have some of your garden-variety beasties in the afterlife world where "Doughboy" takes place. Though my story refers to them as "demons", they're far from fire-and-brimstone devils.




Oh, being sick has also meant spending a lot more time in bed. In between rounds of writing and inking amidst my mounds of pillows and blankets, I've also been digging up old books to read. One of my favorites that I unearthed a few days ago, is "The Complete Soulwind," by my homeboy Scott Morse. At 520 pages, the book is beyond epic. It's magically fantastic, and grabs my imagination the way books and movies used to grab it when I was a wee Crosland pup. I highly recommend it, to the infirm as well as the healthy.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go pop another Airborne tablet and work some more before passing out.

Bunker, out.

No comments: