Friday, April 8, 2011

"Wounds" Drawing for Japan Relief

I've been wanting to do this for a while, and finally made the time today. I'm offering the above drawing for sale, with all the proceeds going towards the monstrous relief effort in Japan. Needless to say, what's happening there right now effects the entire world. I thought this would be a nifty way to chip in, and help them on their way to recovery.

I originally thought of going with a samurai-themed piece, since I'm researching and sketching lots of samurai imagery for an upcoming project. Then, I noticed my pals Skottie Young and Scott Morse did a similar fundraiser on their blog AND illustrated a samurai theme. Well, that was about all my inspiration gland could take. I spun around my desk like Taz, broke out the paint and pens and whipped-up this piece -- "Wounds."

9 x 12 / watercolor & ink on recycled bristol board
100% of the proceeds from this sale go to the Japan Center For International Exchange (JCIE/USA)
. Update: SOLD!

Get yourself some fresh original art and help fund a great cause!
- Dave

No comments: