Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pinup in the new "Scud: Disposable Assassin" series


You may know Rob Schrab from his writing work on Monster House, or his writing and directing work on The Sarah Silverman Program. If you're a Hollywood hipster or filmmaker-in-training, you may even know his name from the short-film-genius gathering of Channel 101. But, if you're a comic nerd like me, then you know Rob Schrab from his groundbreaking romp through the surreal, "Scud: The Disposable Assassin." Scud was an independent comic series that I got into during the 90's. The action was fast, the dialogue was hilarious, and the artwork was as magical as the first time I tasted bubblegum.

Sadly, that all came to a screeching halt in said 90's, just before the final issue (#21) was created. But now, thanks to the Gods of Underground Dorkdom, Rob has come back to comics to complete the series. And not just with a final issue, but a final, 4-issue MINISERIES. Boss!

And oh, bless my stars and garters, Rob asked me to draw a pinup for the new series. Click the thumbnail to see my piece, "Scud vs. Jeff." If you aren't familiar with Jeff, he's the arch-nemesis that Scud can't kill, lest he die, himself. Jeff can latch onto objects and make them a part of his own, twistedly violent body. Hence, the elephant head for an arm, extension cord plug for a head, etc....

The final Scud series starts up in February 2008! I'll keep you posted on release dates and which issue my pinup is in. For more on Rob's creativity, visit robschrab.com

1 comment:

Geo said...

that's so awesome!!!