Tuesday, March 15, 2011

YO GABBA GABBA! Comic Book Time Art Preview

If you love the funktastic cast of YO GABBA GABBA! then get ready to enjoy them in comic book form! This Wednesday marks the release of "YO GABBA GABBA! Comic Book Time," an oversized, hardcover anthology of short stories featuring everyone's favorite boombox-dwelling monsters and their tangerine DJ friend.

This volume includes a 10-page tale written by Kelly Sue DeConnick and illustrated by yours truly, titled "Muno! and The Case of The Vanishing Inspiration!" In honor of the book coming out tomorrow, I thought I'd share the above preview of the finished artwork from our story. I had a blast painting these, and am super-excited to see the finished product in print. Speaking of which, it looks like I'll have a few copies of "... Comic Book Time" on hand at my C2E2 table (K3). So be sure to stop by and check out the goods!

To buy "YO GABBA GABBA! Comic Book Time" online, visit OniPress.com and Amazon.com.

"When I was small... they called me the leprechaun."
- Dave, aka King Gum

2 comments:

Neil said...

When you grew taller, did they call you the tall leprechaun?

I think your art is the perfect fit for YGG. I'll have to pick up the book.

Dayne Henry Jr said...

Most def picking this up.