Friday, March 13, 2009

Pink Friday!!!


I drew this Pink Friday logo for my friends at the California Teachers Association. Basically, this is a day to wear pink and show support for all the teachers across California, whose jobs are threatened by our awful budget woes.

I have several friends who are teachers, and I also do regular work for a teachers publication. But, even if you don't have any direct ties to the world of education, realize that an inability to fund education is an inability to fund our future. How do we expect to move ahead as a society, if our children aren't prepared to operate in a steadily advancing world? Seems like common sense to me, but the bean counters in Sacramento beg to differ. Ugh.

To find out more about the cause, visit www.pinkfriday09.org

- Bunker, out.

No comments: