Tuesday, November 27, 2012

New Football Drawings

"Enter The Red Zone #87" / 9 x 12" / watercolor, acrylic & ink on paper

Low & behold, I've actually been creating football illustrations, this season. I've even been sketching a bit during college games! Honestly, how could I resist? These pieces are a combination of two of my favorite things -- art and football!

The top illustration is from a play where Colts wide receiver, Reggie Wayne, made a catch in the Bills' red zone, and it took three Buffalo defenders to tackle him.


"Unto The Breach" / 9 x 12" / watercolor, acrylic & ink on paper

And the second piece is from one of the many times during the Houston vs. Detroit Thanksgiving matchup, where Texans running back, Arian Foster, plowed through the Lions' defense like a freight train rolling through a stack of pound cakes.

Look for more of these to start sneaking up on the blog, between now and The Super Bowl.

"I started off starvin'. Now they got me out here Brett Favre-ing. Trying to see if I still got it..."
-David C.

No comments: