Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Stone Face #1


This is another piece finished in "Little Clouds," my experimental painting & drawing sketchbook. I have to admit, I'm really loving working in this book, ya'll. I banged out the above piece in paint markers, then went back in with pastels to give it color. I sealed it all in with a transparent acrylic medium, stuck a feather in it, and called it macaroni!

It's been great just throwing whatever I want at these pages, because it forces me to discover new, fast ways of making art. And the techniques I'm learning here, I've been able to bring into my fine art and commercial work.

After this, methinks it will be a long time before I invest in another plain-ol', white-paged sketchbook.

Coasting and roasting... potatoes, that is.
- Gum

No comments: