Thursday, October 1, 2009

Candy Skulls Abound!






These here are the rumblings and bubbling of ideas for some Dia De Los Muertos-inspired works I'm making for an upcoming art show. It's called ETERNAL SLEEP, and it opens on October 16th at 1AM Gallery in San Francisco.

When I heard the theme for the show, the first thing that popped into my head was tiny nude nymphs in giant candy skull masks. So I picked up that ball and have been running with it. My finals are gonna be color drawings on illustration board, similar to the "Stone Knife" skate deck painting. I'm doing three pieces... one at 16" x 20", and two at 14" x 18". They'll feature everything from dancing o'er a bowl of fire, to post coital ressurrection.

Jeez, do I love the hell out of October...
- Bunker, out.

2 comments:

Neil said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I love Dia de la Muerte/Clavera stuff.

nandoninny said...

damn it!
another art show i can't make it to!

but the sketches look great and i certainly can't wait to see the finished pieces!!