Tuesday, May 6, 2008

... deep in the heart of Texas!!!


Yee-haw! I'm back and recovered from an amazing weekend in Dallas, celebrating Free Comic Book Day at CAPE! It was another badass event organized by Rich Neal and the gang at Zeus Comics, including a live art fundraiser and a big-ol' free comic convention in a gorgeous park.


During the live art show, last Friday night, Mike Huddleston, Jim Mahfood, and I jammed together on this monster-fight piece above. It's appropriately titled "Hand Job," after Godzilla's rocket-hand attack.


Saturday at the convention ended up being nuts. Before I knew what was happening, I was caught up in a storm of making all sorts of drawings for people. Incredible!


Longtime fan and friend, Fernando, make it out and got a stack of drawings from me. He had a "Forbidden Planet" notepad that instantly made me think of "The Black Hole," one of my favorite flicks from my childhood. So I rocked this piece in homage to the world of crazy robots that helped make me the alpha-nerd I am today.


This Robopanda was another one for Fernando. Fire it up!


My last piece for Fernando was this Spidey-sketch. Boy, do I love me some Spider-Man doodlin'.


Sam, a fan I met at last year's show, came thru and hired me to tag up half of a white pair of brand new, size 13 Chuck Taylor's. Awwwwwesome! *** Mahfood did the other one. Hit up www.foodoneart.blogspot.com to see his customized shoe.*** Sam said he was into robots and such, so I turned the whole sneaker into one of my giant robots!


And the fun didn't stop there! The people kept on comin' and I kept on drawin!


This coked-out Wolverine piece was for a kid, Jon, I met at Wizard World Chicago in 2005. Back then, I did a piece for him with Spider-Man doing an upside-down bong hit. Well, Jon came to Dallas with that same sketchbook, and requested a companion piece. The first thing that came to mind was Wolvie on the yeyo. Kristian Donaldson gave me the idea to have him cutting lines. The rest is history!


And that's all she wrote, folks! I'm off to haul ass on Everybody's DEAD #5 and a poster design for my next live art event in Sacramento (June 7th, ya'll). Until the next post....

Giddyup!
-Bunker, out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Between the coke-snortin' wolvie and the bad-ass Cthulu - I'm... I'm sorta in love...

Need to get a pair of kicks done... you and Food need to hit Toronto... want some tagged Chucks!